BOOK A TAXI TO The Château de Labourdonnais
LET US TAKE YOU SAFELY TO The Château de Labourdonnais
The Domaine de Labourdonnais, a privately owned Estate, was founded in 1774. This magnificent authentic Estate of 540 hectares is surrounded by spectacular green sugar cane fields and is ideally located in the north of the island. Château de Labourdonnais, surrounded by its beautiful orchards, was built between 1856 and 1859 by Christian Wiehe himself then his descendant lived there until recently. This grand mansion was restored between 2006 & 2010 and converted into a museum that invites you to discover the nineteenth-century Mauritian lifestyle as well as its history.
Fifty years ago, the Estate embarked on a diversification process starting with its agricultural activity to produce a variety of tropical fruits, vegetables. It also has a nursery offering a large variety of fruit trees and decorative plants. Today, the Estate has further diversified its activities offering products and services such as; fruit transformed products, leisure and events activities, real estate services, the distillation of rum, and much more.
We provide reliable round-trip transportation to Château de Labourdonnais at affordable rates. You can have a glimpse of our taxi prices below. Please use the quote request feature to send us the number of people travelling & your pickup location. Our team will get back to you within some hours with the requested information. No hidden fees ; you only pay what you have been quoted for.
TAXI COST TO The Château de Labourdonnais
Transport prices indicated below are per group, not per person.
*Additional waiting-hour @ 10 € /hour
About The Château de Labourdonnais
Contact details of The Château de Labourdonnais
the Château de Labourdonnais
Situated in the North part of Mauritius, discover the nineteenth-century Mauritian lifestyle. Beautifully refurbished, this grand mansion, built-in 1859, has regained all of its original glory and assures a tour full of surprises through the island’s history. While the estate gardens unveil the flourishing tropical vegetation, the Château de Labourdonnais is today a landmark of historical heritage because of its colonial architecture and treasures of flora and fauna.
Visit of the Château de Labourdonnais and Orchards
You will be welcomed in the magnificent avenue of intendance trees which leads to the main entrance. The Victorian decor showcased by the exterior designs and internal decor makes this building a famous heritage spot. After visiting the château, you can stroll through the lush gardens and old orchards where large fairways invite you for a promenade, displaying the horticultural wealth of the region.
“Rhumerie des Mascareignes” distillery
As part of the tour, you will visit the Rhumerie des Mascareignes. The Rhumerie des Mascareignes was built in 2006. As part of the visit to the distillery, you will learn about the old techniques of agricultural rum and the production of this treasured spirit.
We hired Taxi Service Mauritius for 3 taxi tours. Communication with the company was easy, Devina was very responsive and kind. Our driver Nishal was very friendly, knowledgeable, polite, professional and punctual. On tours, we saw everything we wanted and Nishal showed us additional landmarks. He told us a lot about the island, history and life of locals. The car was very clean and spacious. Excellent service, we highly recommend it.
The booking process was straightforward and quickly confirmed. The prices were good value and had the option to pay in dollars, euros or rupees which was very useful for us. The drivers arrived ahead of time and drove safely and considerately. When I needed to change a pickup time one email was answered positively and promptly. I recommend wholeheartedly.
We (me, my fiancé and our 7 months old daughter) booked return transfer airport-hotel-airport with this company and from the easy booking service on the internet, the great communication with the direct booking confirmation and advance notification of the driver details to the most important part, the driver and the car everything was perfectly on time and organized. We got water on each tour. Our driver Anil drove us for both trips and was super friendly and always on time. The car was brand new and super clean.
We prebooked our taxi service both outbound and return trips via their website which was easy to use and efficient. The driver met us at the airport the return driver collected us from our hotel as booked. The service both ways were excellent - the drivers were very friendly and most importantly, drove very safely. The service was well priced and it was good to not have to worry about negotiating with "regular" taxi drivers after a long flight. I would definitely recommend this service and would absolutely use them again.
We booked a small van for 6 of us from the airport to our private beach house in Mauritius. All worked perfect - easy booking via homepage and communication by mail, the driver picked us up with nameplate and the car was clean and equipped with baby seats for our kids. Can fully recommend this service provider!!!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pay for my tour?
(1) Existing clients can pay cash to the driver in MUR, EUR or USD or Pay-Online in EUR prior to the tour. The payment link can be found in your booking voucher (near the amount).
If I need a tour within the next 12 hours, can I book it online?
If you require a tour within the next 12 hours, we highly recommend you to speak to someone at Taxi Service Mauritius either by Phone/Email/Chat or WhatsApp. Do not book it online. Note that we cannot confirm bookings out of office hours.
Will I have to share the vehicle with others who are not in my party?
We only do private tours. When you reserve a vehicle via our company, no matter whether it is a 3 passenger car, 8 passenger minivan or 20 passenger minibus, the vehicle is exclusively yours for the whole journey.
Where will the driver meet me?
Your driver will wait for you at your hotel reception on-time. If you are staying in an apartment of villa, please provide a contact number so that the driver can give you a call when he reach your accommodation.
What if do not find the driver?
In rare cases, customers may take some minutes to locate their driver. Our customers receive their driver’s contact details by email one day before the tour. Customers call liaise with the driver directly or simply our office or hotline so that our personnel can assist you & liaise with the driver.
Are the vehicles fully licensed and insured?
All supplied vehicles are fully licensed by the local authorities and carry an up to date Public service transport license. Be careful of bogus airport transfer advertisers as there are a number openly operating in Mauritius without licenses and liability insurance.
Can i order a baby seat or booster seat?
You can order child seats and booster seats on the online booking form. The first child seat is free of charge. Any additional child seat requested will be charged at EUR10 per day. You can also bring your own baby/toddler seat if you would like to do so.
Terms & Conditions
- This is a round-trip chauffeur service to The Château de Labourdonnais from any accommodation in Mauritius.
- Transport is charged per vehicle, not per person.
- Entrance tickets (approx. €10 p.person) should be purchased on the spot. Your driver will provide the necessary assistance once you arrive at the venue. Please remember to keep sufficient money with you (local currency) to buy the entry tickets.
- A waiting time of 5-hours will be included in the transport price that will be quoted to you.
- Pay-online via Paypal. Existing customers can request to pay cash directly with the driver in MUR, EUR or USD.
- The first child seat ordered is FREE of charge. Any additional seat ordered is €10 per seat. You can also bring your own.
- If you would like to visit other places along the way, please make sure to mention it at the time of booking. The driver may have other rides already scheduled after your trip and his time might be limited if not planned beforehand.
- Free cancellation: Obtain a full refund if you paid online in advance & you wish to cancel the taxi at least 24 hrs prior to the trip.
Please book your activities directly with the venue. We are only providing transport to this venue at this time.
REQUEST A RIDE TO
The Château de Labourdonnais
HOW IT WORKS
- Request a quote. Expect a same day reply by email.
- Once you confirm the quote, a confirmation email & an e-voucher will be sent to you.
- You can present the voucher to the driver either in printed or via your mobile.
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us after booking, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You will receive your driver’s contact details by email at least a day before your scheduled tour.
- Meet your driver on-time at your hotel reception or residence. Please always inform your hotel in advance about his arrival so as to avoid any delays at the hotel entrance.