Your privacy, our concern
TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS respects your privacy. If you want to see what data we store on you click here >>
Last updated: May 2020
1. Data Privacy Principles and Utilisation of Personal Data
We, TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS Services Ltd, are pleased that you are visiting our website and we would like to provide you with some information about the collection, processing and use of personal data when using this website. TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS Services Ltd collects, processes and uses personal data exclusively according to this data privacy statement and within the scope of statutory authorization. If you need further information or have any questions about how TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS handles data privacy, please contact [email protected].
2. What is personal data?
In Mauritius, the meaning as defined in the Data Protection Act 2017 for “data subject” is:
“data subject” means an identified or identifiable individual, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that individual;
3. General Information about Data Privacy
Unless stated otherwise in the following sections, no personal data will be collected, processed or used while using this website.
3.1 How do we share your personal data?
We do not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others except as described in this Privacy Notice. We share your information with selected recipients. These categories of recipients include:
- cloud storage providers located in the UK, and where you use our services in the USA, located in the USA and where you use our services in Hong Kong, located in Singapore and which store your personal data in England, the USA and Singapore, to store the personal data you provide and for disaster recovery services, as well as for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- IT Services providers that provide us with cloud booking platform services, including Checkfront, who we use to store our customer relationship management information;
- analytics and search engine providers located in the UK and the USA that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Websites and Apps;merchant acquirers located in the UK and USA and which store your personal data in the UK and the USA for the purpose of processing payments;
- fraud prevention tools located in the UK and the USA for the purposes of preventing fraud;
- IT support service providers who support and maintain our booking platform and have access at our premises working on a secure server; and
- Our insurance company and claims handling companies, for the purpose of investigating and settling any insurance claims.
We will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organisations if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation, process or request;
- enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your data to the prospectivebuyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
By using the link “Contact us”, you can send us enquiries of a general nature. To process these data, we will collect your contact details (name, email address and contact number/s). We will store these data and the correspondence transferred by us and use them exclusively for the purpose for which you transferred it to us and in order to improve our service.
3.3 Connection information
When you access our website, particular information is transmitted by a standard procedure, such as the IP address, type and version of the web browser used, the operating system used, the website where you came from and the time of visiting the website. As a rule, we will analyse these data only statistically in order to prevent errors and to improve our services. Only in the event of potential abuse related to bookings, we would use the connection information to facilitate the identification of the responsible person.
If you decide to become active in the TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS Community, for instance by uploading photos or by creating texts such as reviews and descriptions, you will decide yourself which personal data will be visible to both TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS Services Ltd and all visitors of the platform. You may change these settings at any time. TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS will not disclose any personal data unless you have given us your explicit prior approval.
3.5 Email Advertising
If you have given your separate consent to receive our newsletter, your email address will be stored and used for personal email advertising of offers from the TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS website, until you unsubscribe from the newsletter. To unsubscribe, please send an email [email protected] or use the corresponding link at the end of each email.
During the booking process, TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS collects specific data of its users, such as the name, address, email address and phone details. TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS will then transfer these data to the relevant service providers (tours & drivers) so that the latter can identify the user during the activity. Our suppliers and TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS may use WhatsApp service to communicate with you on matters related to your booking. Credit cards or Paypal details provided by a user during the booking process will at no time be shared with the activity provider.
3.7 Job Applications
If you apply for a job with TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS, we collect, process and use of your personal data for the purpose of processing your online application. Your online application data is sent directly to the human resources department via an encrypted connection and is of course treated as confidential. We use the relevant technical and organisational methods to ensure that your personal data is treated in a confidential manner according to legal requirements.
If you have applied for a specific position and this has already been filled, or we consider you equally or more suitable for a different position, we would like to pass on your application within our company. Please inform us, if you do not wish for us to do so. Your personal data will be deleted immediately once the application process has ended, or after a maximum of 12 months, unless you expressly consent to your data being stored for a longer period of time.
3.8 Orders and Payments
When you place an order on our website, we require contact information, such as your name and e-mail address and, in some cases, partial or full postal address or telephone number. This information is only used to contact you with information about your order. In rare cases, we may need to share your contact information with suppliers of booked services from your tour. Otherwise, we do not sell or share this information with any third parties.
At the time of booking, we also ask you for payment information such as credit card number or bank transfer details. We use the utmost level of online security to safeguard your personal data.
In the following cases, your data may be passed on to the competent authorities / courts:
- In certain cases, disclosure to national and international authorities and/or courts is required by law due to a prior administrative or court order. In these cases, the data are passed on in a manner complying with the legal requirements.
- Insofar as this is required in order to prevent illegal or potentially illegal acts, or to protect the rights, property or security of TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS Services Ltd, the website or users of the website, and to protect such in in a legally admissible manner.
- In relation with a business transaction, such as the sale of a branch or a department, a merger, the consolidation or sale of assets or, in the unlikely event of insolvency, we may pass on your data to the competent authorities, the appointed insolvency trustee and/or the potential transaction partner.
We use so called ‘session cookies’, which, depending on the settings in your browser, will be deleted when the browser is closed.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
3.10 Embedded content from other websites
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
3.11 Social Media
On our website, we have integrated links to various social media services (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Linkedin). By clicking on the relevant symbol or the full name, you will be redirected to the website of the relevant service.
If you select the symbol “Share” and select a corresponding social media service, you may publish an event (such as a specific search result) on the website of this service.
If you go to the link of a service below the text line “Follow us”, you can follow our activities on the platform of the relevant service.
3.11.1 Facebook Connect
We allow you to sign up and log in using your Facebook account. If you sign up using Facebook, Facebook will ask your permission to share certain information from your Facebook account with TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS. This may include your first name, last name, email address in order for us to verify your identity and gender, general location, a link to your Facebook profile, your timezone, birthday, profile picture, your “likes” and your list of friends.
If you sign up to TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS using Facebook your TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS account will be connected automatically to your Facebook account, and information regarding your activity on TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS, may be shared with Facebook and may be published in your timeline and your Facebook friends’ newsfeeds.
3.11.3 Google Web Fonts
For uniform representation of fonts, this page uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our plugin. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited.
If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
YouTube is used to help make our plugin appealing. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube under https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
Our website uses features provided by the Vimeo video portal. This service is provided by Vimeo Inc., 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a Vimeo plugin, a connection to the Vimeo servers is established. Here the Vimeo server is informed about which of our pages you have visited. In addition, Vimeo will receive your IP address. This also applies if you are not logged in to Vimeo when you visit our plugin or do not have a Vimeo account. The information is transmitted to a Vimeo server in the US, where it is stored.
If you are logged in to your Vimeo account, Vimeo allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your Vimeo account.
On our pages, plugins of the SoundCloud social network (SoundCloud Limited, Berners House, 47-48 Berners Street, London W1T 3NF, UK) may be integrated. The SoundCloud plugins can be recognized by the SoundCloud logo on our site.
If you do not want SoundCloud to associate your visit to our site with your SoundCloud account, please log out of your SoundCloud account.
Our website includes plugins for the social network Facebook, Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA. For an overview of Facebook plugins, see https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
If you do not want Facebook to associate your visit to our site with your Facebook account, please log out of your Facebook account.
Your privacy preferences with Twitter can be modified in your account settings at https://twitter.com/account/settings
Our website contains functions of the Instagram service. These functions are offered by Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA.
If you are logged into your Instagram account, you can click the Instagram button to link the content of our pages with your Instagram profile. This means that Instagram can associate visits to our pages with your user account. As the provider of this website, we expressly point out that we receive no information on the content of the transmitted data or its use by Instagram.
TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS implements technical and organisational security measures to safeguard stored personal data against inadvertent or deliberate manipulation, loss or destruction and against access by unauthorised persons. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological progress.
3.13 Your rights
Upon written request, we will be glad to inform you pursuant to our obligation by law if and which personal data of yours are stored with us. Under the conditions of the provisions of the Mauritian Data Protection Act 2017, you may request correction, blocking and deletion of such data, unless these requests conflict with statutory time limits for storage.
TAXI SERVICE MAURITIUS respects your privacy. If you want to see what data we store on you click here >>
You have rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances. We have described these situations below, as well as how you can exercise your rights. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at [email protected]
- Access: You have the right to ask us to access the personal data we hold about you and be provided with certain information about how we use your personal data and who we share it with.
- Correction: You also have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Portability: Where you have provided your personal data to us under contract, you have the right to ask us to share (port) this data to another data controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you.
- Restriction: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data, save for storage.
- Objection: In certain circumstances, the right to restrict or object to our processing of your personal information (e.g. where you request correction or erasure, you also have a right to restrict processing of your applicable data while your request is considered). You can object to our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests and we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground.
In addition, you have the right to complain to the Information and Communication Technologies Authority of Mauritius or other applicable data protection supervisory authority.
3.14 All Rights Reserved