Book a hiking trip at Le Morne Brabant Mountain
- Hike distance and elevation: 6km, 490m of elevation
- Availability of hike: Available all days except on Sundays
- To bring: sports shoes, a k-way jacket in case it drizzles, sunscreen, a hat, and at least 1L of water
- Payment methods: Pay-online in advance with your credit card. Existing clients can arrange to pay cash in MUR, EUR or USD with the driver.
Le Morne Mountain: World Heritage Site by UNESCO
Located in the southern part of Mauritius, more precisely in the south-west, Le Morne Brabant is one of the most preserved and wildest mountains of the island. It is habitat to a very large variety of endemic and narrow-endemic species, such as the rare Trochetia Boutoniana, which is our floral emblem. The hike to the summit of Le Morne Brabant lasts between three and four hours, depending on the pace and homogeneity of the group.
Our hiking partner has been guiding guests from all over the planet on this majestic rock for the past twelve years. Some steeper parts of the ascent will require the use of our hands to progress safely towards the top of Le Morne Mountain, where we’ll discover the breath-taking views on the west and south-west lagoons and part of of the island !
Declared World Heritage by UNESCO since July 6, 2008, the site is a sanctuary of the runaway slaves who would have committed suicide by jumping off the cliff of the mountain.
HIKE START TIMES THROUGHOUT THE YEAR:
01st of April – 31st of October (WINTER)
- Morning Start: The hike begins at 6:50AM from Monday to Saturday
- Afternoon Start: The hike begins at 12:50PM from Monday to Friday.
01st of November – 31st of March (SUMMER)
- Morning Start: The hike begins at 5:50AM from Monday to Saturday
- Afternoon Start: The hike begins at 14:00PM from Monday to Friday.
TRANSPORT TO LE MORNE BRABANT MOUNTAIN:
We provide affordable transport services from any hotel/residence in Mauritius to the hike’s meeting point & back in the afternoon. Click here to see transport rates.
Our hiking partner has been the pioneers in the hiking and trekking tourism industry in Mauritius since January 2004. They have also introduced Trail-Running on the island, and created a league of many events that hosts today, between 400 to 2000 hikers and runners every month.
Before all, we are friends and passionate mountain lovers. Our will to bring people on discovery excursions in the wilderness of our beloved island is our ultimate mission, the reason for why we wake up every morning.
Hiking and Trekking in mountains and outdoors environment involves risks. Our guides are experienced and qualified to offer a professional and well framed service.
Our team are all professional and certified mountain guides, and Emergency First Responders. (EFR/WFA Certified)
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE (@ 45 € /person):
- Guided half-day Tour – 3 to 4 hours guided hike by professional Mountain Guides (EFR/WFA Certified)
- Refreshment served – Our guides will happily serve some refreshment during the hike.
- Secure Parking – Leave your car on a secure parking or choose to go with us (Transport offered as a supplement)
Distance: 6.00 km
Elevation gain: 490m
Elevation loss: 490m
Restrictions: Hiking at Le Morne is accessible to anyone in good health except for children under 10 years old.
Hiking at Le Morne Brabant PACKAGE
HIKING PRICE PER PARTICIPANT (excluding transport):
- EUR 45 per participant (MUR 1900)
* This hike is not suitable for children under 10 years old.
Important if you’re going on your own:
- Google Map directions to the meeting point can be found here.
- Please reach the meeting point at least 15minutes before.
- Please don’t drink & drive!
Optional: Transport Service
We provide professional & reliable chauffeur services to the meeting point & back in the afternoon at affordable prices. Find prices below.
Please note: transport prices are per group, not per person.
Submit your review
I found taxi service Mauritius whilst already halfway through our holiday and we booked the Le morne hiking trip and our return airport transfer through them. They are a great, professional company with loads of options on how to get the most out of your visit to Mauritius. Great value for money too. Special thanks to our hiking guide We learnt so much about the flora, fauna, culture and industry of Mauritius from him.
We booked the hike at le Morne and we enjoyed it.The hike becomes steeper as you go so you must be fit and bring lots of water with you! The hike is divided in two parts: first is public, but the second part is more for experienced climbers. Really nice hiking experience. The view was spectacular. Thank you Devina for helping us through the booking process.
Contacted taxi service Mauritius for the le morne hiking since we had to be there early morning and our driver was at the hotel 15 minutes earlier waiting for us but it is well worth it to get the view and the sunrise in the morning. The climb is achievable for a fairly fit person you might struggle with the heat hence why you go early morning. The guides are very helpful. Tips : bring mosquito repellant, a bottle of water and your camera is a must.
Awesome adventure. Would definitely recommend this tour if you enjoy hiking and an excellent view as a reward. Good fitness required with an early start. We would definitely do another hike with them when coming back to the island hopefully next year! Thanks to Devina who was very informative & responsive by email. Drivers are just professionals.
Great guides. The view was so beautiful. The guides was really good - both at explaining history, plants, birds and the area. He was also very concerned about the different hiking levels in the group and made sure everyone got a good hike. Highly recommended tour.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pay for my tour?
(1) Existing clients can pay cash to the driver in MUR, EUR or USD or Pay-Online in EUR prior to the tour. The payment link can be found in your booking voucher (near the amount).
If I need a tour within the next 12 hours, can I book it online?
If you require a tour within the next 24 hours, we highly recommend you to speak to someone at Taxi Service Mauritius either by Phone/Email/Chat or WhatsApp. Do not book it online. Note that we cannot confirm bookings out of office hours.
Will I have to share the vehicle with others who are not in my party?
We only do private tours. When you reserve a vehicle via our company, no matter whether it is a 3 passenger car, 8 passenger minivan or 20 passenger minibus, the vehicle is exclusively yours for the whole journey.
Where will the driver meet me?
Your driver will wait for you at your hotel reception on-time. If you are staying in an apartment of villa, please provide a contact number so that the driver can give you a call when he reach your accommodation.
What if do not find the driver?
In rare cases, customers may take some minutes to locate their driver. Our customers receive their driver’s contact details by email one day before the tour. Customers call liaise with the driver directly or simply our office or hotline so that our personnel can assist you & liaise with the driver.
Are the vehicles fully licensed and insured?
All supplied vehicles are fully licensed by the local authorities and carry an up to date Public service transport license. Be careful of bogus airport transfer advertisers as there are a number openly operating in Mauritius without licenses and liability insurance.
Can i order a baby seat or booster seat?
You can order child seats and booster seats on the online booking form. The first child seat is free of charge. Any additional child seat requested will be charged at EUR10 per day. You can also bring your own baby/toddler seat if you would like to do so.
Terms & Conditions
- All bookings are subject to availability & should be booked at least 24 hours in advance.
- This tour is not suitable for children below 10 years old.
- Transport not included in the price of EUR 45.
- Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity.
- Bad weather: Hikes will not be allowed to operate in case the local authorities issue a bad weather warning such as torrential rainfalls. Choose to re-schedule the tour for the another day or receive a full refund in case of such warnings.
- A refreshment will be served by the guides.
All bookings are subject to availability & should be booked at least 24 hrs in advance.
Carefully hand-picked tour packages
Use the filters to refine your search