BOOK A TAXI TO The Mahebourg Market
- Availability: Mondays only
- Location: Mahebourg, Mauritius
- Free-waiting time: Up to 5 hours included ~ view transport rates
- Child seat: Free (upon request)
- Transport options: Large Cars, Minivans (3 sizes), Coasters, Luxury & SUVs
- Free cancellation: up to 24-hours in advance. 100% refund. No question asked
LET US TAKE YOU SAFELY TO The Mahebourg Market
We provide reliable round-trip taxis to The Mahebourg Market at affordable rates. You can have a glimpse of our taxi prices to The Mahebourg Market below. Please use the quote request feature to send us the number of people traveling & your pickup location. Our team will get back to you within some hours with the requested pricing. No hidden fees; you only pay what you have been quoted for.
Every Monday, the streets of Mahébourg turn into a real outdoor flea market. The atmosphere is warm, the bargains are there and the lunch break is embellished with excellent Creole dishes. This is the perfect place to try some local snacks – gâteaux piments (chilli cakes), dhal puri (lentil pancakes) and samousas (samosas) – usually dispensed from boxes on the backs of motorcycles. The market is open every day but doubles in size on Monday.
TAXI COST TO The Mahebourg Market
Transport prices indicated below are per group, not per person.
*Additional waiting-hour @ 10 € /hour
We hired Taxi Service Mauritius for 3 taxi tours. Communication with the company was easy, Devina was very responsive and kind. Our driver Nishal was very friendly, knowledgeable, polite, professional and punctual. On tours, we saw everything we wanted and Nishal showed us additional landmarks. He told us a lot about the island, history and life of locals. The car was very clean and spacious. Excellent service, we highly recommend it.
The booking process was straightforward and quickly confirmed. The prices were good value and had the option to pay in dollars, euros or rupees which was very useful for us. The drivers arrived ahead of time and drove safely and considerately. When I needed to change a pickup time one email was answered positively and promptly. I recommend wholeheartedly.
We (me, my fiancé and our 7 months old daughter) booked return transfer airport-hotel-airport with this company and from the easy booking service on the internet, the great communication with the direct booking confirmation and advance notification of the driver details to the most important part, the driver and the car everything was perfectly on time and organized. We got water on each tour. Our driver Anil drove us for both trips and was super friendly and always on time. The car was brand new and super clean.
We prebooked our taxi service both outbound and return trips via their website which was easy to use and efficient. The driver met us at the airport the return driver collected us from our hotel as booked. The service both ways were excellent - the drivers were very friendly and most importantly, drove very safely. The service was well priced and it was good to not have to worry about negotiating with "regular" taxi drivers after a long flight. I would definitely recommend this service and would absolutely use them again.
We booked a small van for 6 of us from the airport to our private beach house in Mauritius. All worked perfect - easy booking via homepage and communication by mail, the driver picked us up with nameplate and the car was clean and equipped with baby seats for our kids. Can fully recommend this service provider!!!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pay for my tour?
(1) Existing clients can pay cash to the driver in MUR, EUR or USD or Pay-Online in EUR prior to the tour. The payment link can be found in your booking voucher (near the amount).
If I need a tour within the next 12 hours, can I book it online?
If you require a tour within the next 12 hours, we highly recommend you to speak to someone at Taxi Service Mauritius either by Phone/Email/Chat or WhatsApp. Do not book it online. Note that we cannot confirm bookings out of office hours.
Will I have to share the vehicle with others who are not in my party?
We only do private tours. When you reserve a vehicle via our company, no matter whether it is a 3 passenger car, 8 passenger minivan or 20 passenger minibus, the vehicle is exclusively yours for the whole journey.
Where will the driver meet me?
Your driver will wait for you at your hotel reception on-time. If you are staying in an apartment of villa, please provide a contact number so that the driver can give you a call when he reach your accommodation.
What if do not find the driver?
In rare cases, customers may take some minutes to locate their driver. Our customers receive their driver’s contact details by email one day before the tour. Customers call liaise with the driver directly or simply our office or hotline so that our personnel can assist you & liaise with the driver.
Are the vehicles fully licensed and insured?
All supplied vehicles are fully licensed by the local authorities and carry an up to date Public service transport license. Be careful of bogus airport transfer advertisers as there are a number openly operating in Mauritius without licenses and liability insurance.
Can i order a baby seat or booster seat?
You can order child seats and booster seats on the online booking form. The first child seat is free of charge. Any additional child seat requested will be charged at EUR10 per day. You can also bring your own baby/toddler seat if you would like to do so.
Terms & Conditions
- This is a round-trip chauffeur service to The Mahebourg Market from any accommodation in Mauritius.
- A waiting time of 5-hours will be included in the transport price that will be quoted to you. Any additional waiting-hour is €10 per hour.
- Transport is charged per vehicle, not per person.
- Pay-online via Paypal. Existing customers can request to pay cash directly with the driver in MUR, EUR or USD.
- The first child seat ordered is FREE of charge. Any additional seat ordered is €10 per seat. You can also bring your own.
- If you would like to visit other places along the way, please make sure to mention it at the time of booking. The driver may have other rides already scheduled after your trip and his time might be limited if not planned beforehand.
- Free cancellation: Obtain a full refund if you paid online in advance & you wish to cancel the taxi at least 24 hrs prior to the trip.
REQUEST A RIDE TO
The Mahebourg Market
HOW IT WORKS
- Request a quote. Expect a same day reply by email.
- Once you confirm the quote, a confirmation email & an e-voucher will be sent to you.
- You can present the voucher to the driver either in printed or via your mobile.
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us after booking, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You will receive your driver’s contact details by email at least a day before your scheduled tour.
- Meet your driver on-time at your hotel reception or residence. Please always inform your hotel in advance about his arrival so as to avoid any delays at the hotel entrance.