BOOK A Catamaran Cruise to Ile Aux Gabriel
- Cruise Time: 9.00 AM – 3.30 PM
- Package includes: BBQ Lunch, Unlimited Drinks (Soft & Alcoholic) & Live on-board entertainment.
- Snorkeling Gear: Bring your own equipment or use the shared on-board equipment (limited)
- Payment methods: Pay-online in advance with your credit card. Existing clients can arrange to pay cash in MUR, EUR or USD with the driver.
- Transport: Offered as supplement ~ View rates
- Embarkation Point: in Grand Bay Beach ~ View map
- Pick-up time: Will be sent by email a day before
- Transport options: Large Cars, Minibuses (3 sizes), Coaster-Buses, VIP Cars & SUVs
- Bad weather: Re-schedule or obtain a full refund
- Free Cancellation: up to 48-hours in advance
Discover 3 islands in one cruise
Surrender to the serenity of the magnificent Northern Isles (Ile aux Gabriel, Flat Island & Coin de Mire) aboard one of our brand new and stunningly beautiful catamarans with a chance to encounter dolphins and whales on this highly informative and unforgettable adventure cruise. About 10 km north of Cap Malheureux, Gabriel Island hides a dream underwater world – a paradise for snorkelling tourists. The entire island of about 42 hectares is surrounded by crystal clear water and their beautiful and unspoiled beach is what makes this protected natural reserve so famous. As the catamaran reaches the peaceful paradise island and sets anchor, guests are invited to venture out into the stunning lagoon and enjoy a nice swim or grab snorkelling equipments provided free of charge from the office and discover the local marine life.
Others may chose to discover the white sandy beach, laze in the sun or simply relax and indulge and explore the island on foot before heading back to the catamaran for lunch at around 12.30. You will enjoy the bar service and live music on the way back to Grand Bay and reach main land at around 15.30.
Whether you are looking for adventure or leisure, our aim is to make this the best day of your life! read more >>
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN the CATAMARAN CRUISE TO Ile aux Gabriel PACKAGE (@ 38€ /person):
- Unlimited Drinks: Mineral Water, Tropical Juices, Soft Drinks (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta), and a selection of alcoholic beverages: Beers, Rum & Wine.
- BBQ Buffet lunch: A delicious BBQ Buffet lunch with a selection of chicken, fish, brochettes, and sausages, pasta Salad and coleslaw salads. Vegetarian meals are also available upon request.
- Visit 3 islands on one cruise.
- Snorkeling equipment: Flippers, mask, tuba as well as colourful pool noodles. You can also bring your own equipment.
Ile aux Gabriel CRUISE PRICE (Excluding Transport)
- ADULTS @ EUR 38 (MUR 1600)
- CHILD (5 to 12 YRS) @ EUR 19 (MUR 800)
- BABY (0-4 YRS) is FREE OF CHARGE
Important if you’re going on your own:
- Please don’t drink & drive!
- Google Map directions to Grand Bay Beach can be found here.
- Please reach the embarkation point at least 15minutes before.
Transport Prices (Optional)
We provide professional & reliable chauffeur services to the embarkation point & back in the afternoon at affordable prices. Please find the rates below.
Prices are per group, not per person.
Ile aux Gabriel by Catamaran
Surrender to the serenity of the magnificent Northern Isles (Ile aux Gabriel, Flat Island & Coin de Mire aboard one of our brand new and stunningly beautiful catamarans with a chance to encounter dolphins and whales on this highly informative and unforgettable adventure cruise.
|08h30||Arrive at the Grand Bay Sunset Boulevard for registration|
|08h45||Boarding and pre-departure briefing by your Captain|
|09h00||Guided cruise to the Northern Isles – Sail past Fort Malarctic, Cap Malheureux and other important historical sites, the high sea cliffs of Gunner’s Quoin and Flat Island’s lighthouse|
Arrive at Ile aux Gabriel where you will be briefed on all the facilities and activities at your disposal.Included in your package:
|12h30||Lunch: BBQ Buffet|
|14h00||Sail to Coin de Mire|
|14h30||Arrive at Coin de Mire|
|15h30||Boarding – sail to Grand Bay|
|15h30||Arrive at the Grand Bay Sunset Boulevard|
A major highlight of the voyage is the spectacular scenery of Coin de Mire and Flat Island, with high sea-cliffs towering into the sky which serve as nesting grounds to large colonies of tropicbirds that are seen soaring and gliding by. Built on Flat Island’s highest point is a historical white lighthouse which is still a beacon for fishermen and other seafarers entering Mauritian waters from the north. In the distance, the highly distinctive shapes and colours of Round Island and Snakes Island beckon. The northern isles are precious remnants of Mauritius’ former natural state and important refuges for the country’s rare and endangered species – many of which are found nowhere else in the world.
After approximately one hour of easy cruising you will discover the magic of Flat Island and Gabriel Island, Mauritius’ very own island getaways and Government-declared Nature Reserves featuring pristine white sandy beaches, crystal clear waters, beautiful coral gardens, a rich birdlife, spectacular coastal scenery, and a casual atmosphere.
Don’t forget your camera! You can also snorkel in the lovely lagoon, or simply laze in the sun on the beautiful sandbar that Ile aux Gabriel is best known for.
The cruise starts at 9am. Decide to go on your own or simply choose to go with us. We offer affordable rates on transportation to the embarkation point & back, from anywhere in Mauritius.
An open bar serving throughout the day a selection of free beverages both alcoholic and non-alcoholic is also available for our guests to taste the specialties of our exotic island. The crew members will navigate you through the exquisite waters of the North and play Chef to prepare a full delicious BBQ lunch buffet which is set on Gabriel Island or onboard the catamaran. Of course, if you would prefer to charter a catamaran exclusively for your party, then private charters are available with a customized itinerary. Please call us or contact for more details.
Along the way to Ile aux Cerfs, the catamaran cruise makes a stop for you to enjoy snorkeling inside the island’s largest lagoon, allowing you to enjoy the underwater marine life and swim among superb corals and brightly-colored tropical fish. After snorkeling the catamaran continues sailing along the beautiful east coast heading to Ile aux Cerfs. A delicious BBQ lunch is served onboard the boat, including an assorted meat platter, rice salad, pasta salad, vegetable crudités, and baked yoghurt with an assortment of toppings.
- Variety of salads
- Grilled chicken marinated in ginger, wine & olive oil
- Grilled sausages marinated in herbs & oilive oil
- Sautéed vegetables
- Desserts (seasonal fruits, banana flambé, etc…)
- Tea/coffee with cake
FREE from the bar:
- White, Red and Rosé wine
- Soft drinks
- Mineral water
What to bring:
- Swim suits + change clothes
- Beach towel
- Sun cream
- Cap or hat
- Sun glasses
- Snorkeling Gear (also available on board)
- Shoes will need to be removed once on board the catamaran.
- Life vests are available on all our catamarans.
A little bit about us
Established since 1977 in Quatre-Bornes, Taxi Service Mauritius, is the first local taxi-hailing company in Mauritius depatching vehicles to pick-up guests around the island on a 24/7 basis. Catamaran Cruise to Ile Aux Gabriel is a popular tour & is one we know the most. We’ve also learn to excel in providing a friendly service to tourists visiting the island. Our online platform & Taxi App is dedicated to visitors coming from over the world & provide them with a reliable transport solution that is both easy to pre-book & pay. We’ve succeeded in building a very positive 5-Star reputation in the last years on our TripAdvisor & Trustpilot profiles thanks to our fantastic, friendly & dedicated staff. Unlike the competition, we believe that each & every transfer needs planning & briefing. Based on your special requests, we know who we have to send to you & we won’t just send a driver who was just roaming around your pick-up location. At Taxi Service Mauritius, trips are planned in advance to ensure a high-level of service & the driver details are sent to customers at least a day before the tour. That is also why we also urge customers to book at least a day in advance. To cut short, we are the ones that offer great tours at a reasonable price in Mauritius (usually 30-50% cheaper than hotels).
WE EXCEL IN:
- Airport Transfers Mauritius
- Minibus Airport Transfers
- Luxury Airport Transfers Mauritius
- Sightseeing Tours in Mauritius
- Activities & Tour Packages Mauritius
All Cruises in Mauritius that we provide:
- Catamaran Cruise to Ile Aux Benitiers (West Coast)
- Catamaran Cruise to Ile Aux Gabriel (North Coast)
- Catamaran Cruise to Ile Aux Cerfs (East Coast)
- Swim with Dolphins in Mauritius
- Ile Aux Cerfs Island Tour by Speedboat
Our contact details are as follows:
Taxi Service Mauritius
Phone: (+230) 59 55 03 05
Whatsapp: (+230) 57 15 74 74
Email: [email protected]
Looking forward to ride with you soon.
Submit your review
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pay for my tour?
(1) Existing clients can pay cash to the driver in MUR, EUR or USD or Pay-Online in EUR prior to the tour. The payment link can be found in your booking voucher (near the amount).
If I need a tour within the next 12 hours, can I book it online?
If you require a tour within the next 24 hours, we highly recommend you to speak to someone at Taxi Service Mauritius either by Phone/Email/Chat or WhatsApp. Do not book it online. Note that we cannot confirm bookings out of office hours.
Will I have to share the vehicle with others who are not in my party?
We only do private tours. When you reserve a vehicle via our company, no matter whether it is a 3 passenger car, 8 passenger minivan or 20 passenger minibus, the vehicle is exclusively yours for the whole journey.
Where will the driver meet me?
Your driver will wait for you at your hotel reception on-time. If you are staying in an apartment of villa, please provide a contact number so that the driver can give you a call when he reach your accommodation.
What if do not find the driver?
In rare cases, customers may take some minutes to locate their driver. Our customers receive their driver’s contact details by email one day before the tour. Customers call liaise with the driver directly or simply our office or hotline so that our personnel can assist you & liaise with the driver.
Are the vehicles fully licensed and insured?
All supplied vehicles are fully licensed by the local authorities and carry an up to date Public service transport license. Be careful of bogus airport transfer advertisers as there are a number openly operating in Mauritius without licenses and liability insurance.
Can i order a baby seat or booster seat?
You can order child seats and booster seats on the online booking form. The first child seat is free of charge. Any additional child seat requested will be charged at EUR10 per day. You can also bring your own baby/toddler seat if you would like to do so.
Terms & Conditions
- All bookings are subject to availability & should be booked at least 48 hours in advance.
- Children below 5 years old: Free of charge
- The first child seat ordered is Free of charge. An additional child seat is EUR 10 per seat. You can also bring your own.
- Transport not included in the price of EUR 38.
- Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity.
- Bad weather: Boats will not be allowed to venture at sea in case the local authorities issue a high waves warning. Choose to re-schedule the tour for another day or receive a full refund in case of such a warning.
- Bring your own snorkeling gear or use the shared on-board equipment.
- If you require veg meals, please mention it in the special request section of your booking.
All bookings are subject to availability & should be booked at least 48 hrs in advance.