SWIM WITH DOLPHINS IN TAMARIND BAY
This is a very demanding activity during the period of October & March each year. Please book enough time in advance to ensure availability. This tour is done a speedboat on the West Coast of Mauritius and seats are limited per day. This is a shared tour, which means there may be other participants on the boat.
- Availability: All days except on Sundays
- Activity time: 07:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- Included: 2.5 hrs swim with dolphins activity
- Payment methods: Paypal
SWIM WITH DOLPHINS IN MAURITIUS (2.5 hours)
Swim with dolphins is an incredibly moving experience that will bring you into contact with strikingly beautiful scenery, unspoiled landscapes, and wonderful animals. You’ll plunge into the remarkable world of these powerful marine mammals and come face to face with the dolphins. Unlike many other dolphin facilities that limit a swim with dolphins program to pools or shallow water encounters, we provide the unique opportunity to enter the dolphins’ natural environment and enjoy an encounter with the dolphins in the open sea.
- The supply of snorkeling equipment on-board has been temporarily suspended for sanitary reasons. Feel free to bring your own equipment.
- The swim with dolphins activity offers a rewarding, educational, therapeutic and amazing experience for everyone!
- We provide affordable taxi rates from any location in Mauritius to the embarkation point and back in the evening. You can view our transport rates below.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN thIS PACKAGE (@ 38€ /person):
- For sanitary reasons, the usual continental breakfast will not be served on board until further notice. Feel free to bring your own breakfast/sandwich.
- Swim with dolphins for 2.5 hours at the sea in their natural surroundings
- Cruising inside the lagoon of Tamarin Bay
A briefing will also be provided by the crew members which include aspects such as:
- Types of dolphins which you will encounter
- Dolphin’s habits
- Guidelines for sustainable dolphin watching
- Security measures on the boat
- Swim with dolphins procedures
SWIM WITH DOLPHINS PACKAGE
ACTIVITY PRICES (excluding transport):
- ADULTS @ EUR 38 per person (MUR 1600)
- CHILDREN (5 to 12 YRS) @ EUR 26 per child (MUR 1100)
- BABY (0-4 YRS) is FREE OF CHARGE
Important if you’re going on your own:
- Please don’t drink & drive!
- Google Map directions to Jetty Road, Black River can be found here.
- Please reach the embarkation point at least 15minutes before.
Optional: Transport Service
We provide professional & reliable chauffeur services to the embarkation point & back in the afternoon at affordable prices. Please find the rates below.
Prices are per group, not per person.
Submit your review
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pay for my tour?
(1) Existing clients can pay cash to the driver in MUR, EUR or USD or Pay-Online in EUR prior to the tour. The payment link can be found in your booking voucher (near the amount).
If I need a tour within the next 12 hours, can I book it online?
If you require a tour within the next 24 hours, we highly recommend you to speak to someone at Taxi Service Mauritius either by Phone/Email/Chat or WhatsApp. Do not book it online. Note that we cannot confirm bookings out of office hours.
Will I have to share the vehicle with others who are not in my party?
We only do private tours. When you reserve a vehicle via our company, no matter whether it is a 3 passenger car, 8 passenger minivan or 20 passenger minibus, the vehicle is exclusively yours for the whole journey.
Where will the driver meet me?
Your driver will wait for you at your hotel reception on-time. If you are staying in an apartment of villa, please provide a contact number so that the driver can give you a call when he reach your accommodation.
What if do not find the driver?
In rare cases, customers may take some minutes to locate their driver. Our customers receive their driver’s contact details by email one day before the tour. Customers call liaise with the driver directly or simply our office or hotline so that our personnel can assist you & liaise with the driver.
Are the vehicles fully licensed and insured?
All supplied vehicles are fully licensed by the local authorities and carry an up to date Public service transport license. Be careful of bogus airport transfer advertisers as there are a number openly operating in Mauritius without licenses and liability insurance.
Can i order a baby seat or booster seat?
You can order child seats and booster seats on the online booking form. The first child seat is free of charge. Any additional child seat requested will be charged at EUR10 per day. You can also bring your own baby/toddler seat if you would like to do so.
Terms & Conditions
- Sanitary procedures: Please bring your own snorkeling equipment & breakfast as it won’t be provided onboard until further notice.
- All reservations should be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- The service provider reserves the right to cancel any reservation if bad weather prevails whereby the safety of clients would be at stake. Boats will not be allowed to venture at sea in case the local authorities issue a high waves warning. Choose to re-schedule the tour for another day or receive a full refund in case of such a warning.
- All participants must fill and sign a Disclaimer Form before embarking.
- The service provider guarantees a 90% probability to encounter dolphins and a 60% probability to encounter whales.
- Outings are not recommended for pregnant women.
- All children under 18 years of age should be accompanied by an adult.
- It is very important and mandatory to listen to and act as per directives given by the skippers during the whole outing.
- This trip is very popular, so please make sure to book this activity at least 48 hours in advance during the busiest times (October to March)
- Children below 5 years old is Free of charge
- Transport: The first child seat ordered is Free of charge. An additional child seat is EUR 10 per seat. You can also bring your own.
- Transport not included in the price of EUR 38
- Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity.
What to bring
- Sun Cream
- Swimming suits (should be put on already before the tour start)
- Snorkeling Equipment – Masks, Tubas & Fins
- Life Jackets for each participant to wear during the whole outing.
- Water, Juice & Coffee
All bookings are subject to availability & should be booked at least 48 hrs in advance.