BOOK A Catamaran Cruise to Ile Aux Benitiers Island
- Cruise Time: 9.00 AM – 3.30 PM
- Package includes: BBQ Lunch, Unlimited Drinks (Soft & Alcoholic) & Live on-board entertainment.
- Snorkeling Gear: Bring your own equipment or use the shared on-board equipment (limited)
- Payment methods: Pay-online in advance with your credit card. Existing clients can arrange to pay cash in MUR, EUR or USD with the driver.
- Transport: Offered as supplement ~ View rates
- Embarkation : Morne Anglers, Black River ~ View
- Pick-up time: Will be sent by email a day before
- Transport options: Large Cars, Minibuses (3 sizes), Coaster-Buses, VIP Cars & SUVs
- Bad weather: Re-schedule or obtain a full refund
- Free Cancellation: up to 48-hours in advance
A beautiful catamaran cruise on the West-Coast
Discover the dolphins of Tamarin bay in this catamaran cruise to ile aux Benitiers. Enjoy snorkeling & stay on Benitiers Island for BBQ lunch & live local music and relax on its beautiful beaches.
The Catamaran departs from the Morne Anglers Club at 09.15am from where we proceed toward Tamarin Bay, looking for dolphins. We then take a leisurely sail in direction of the “Crystal Rock” and stop on the way for some snorkelling and swimming next to the coral reef. Once you arrive at the Crystal Rock you may have another swim while the crew will prepare a delicious BBQ. After lunch you will be able to discover Ilot Benitier (approx. 40 minutes). There is a Tender boat at your disposal to take you on the island. We sail back to Black River, where we arrive at approximately 3.30pm. The beauty and tranquillity of the west coast is not to be missed. read more about our Catamaran Cruise to Ile Aux Benitiers Island >>
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN the Catamaran Cruise to Ile Aux Benitiers Island PACKAGE (@ 62€ /person):
- Unlimited Drinks: Mineral Water, Tropical Juices, Soft Drinks (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta), and a selection of alcoholic beverages: Beers, Rum & Wine.
- BBQ Buffet lunch: A delicious BBQ Buffet lunch with a selection of chicken, fish, brochettes, and sausages, pasta Salad and coleslaw salads. Vegetarian meals are also available upon request.
- Snorkeling equipment: Flippers, mask, tuba. You can also bring your own equipment.
Ile aux Benitiers CRUISE PRICE (Excluding Transport)
- ADULTS @ EUR 62 (MUR 2700)
- CHILD (4 to 12 YRS) @ EUR 31 (MUR 1300)
- BABY (0-3 YRS) is FREE OF CHARGE
Important if you’re going on your own:
- Please don’t drink & drive!
- Google Map directions to Morne Anglers, Black River can be found here.
- Please reach the embarkation point at least 15minutes before.
Transport Prices (Optional)
We provide professional & reliable chauffeur services to the embarkation point & back in the afternoon at affordable prices. Please find the rates below.
Prices are per group, not per person.
Ile aux Benitiers by Catamaran
It’s time for a sunny getaway on the West Coast. The light ocean breeze forebodes a stunning day on the catamaran cruise to Ile Aux Benitiers with the most welcoming crew.
Lightly step onboard the catamaran. Inland, look up at the Black River mountain range and the mythical Morne Mountain, named as part of World Heritage by UNESCO. As the catamaran leaves the bay, the scenery unfolds in all hues of green and blue, from the crystal clear lagoon to the great depths of the open ocean. Rest assured: The crew will only sail easily along the reef.
Our first stop: Tamarin Bay. Keep an eye out for pods of spinner or bottlenose dolphins that stay in our western coastline waters. If you are lucky, they might be in sight, just for you to admire these beloved mammals’ acrobatics that could be the highlight of your tropical holiday.
The boat then heads to Black River, all sails hoisted. In the lagoon, a patch reef about two metres deep harbours colourful fishes and small crustaceans. Get into your snorkelling gear and chase after butterflyfish or tease passing trumpet fish while admiring the coral outcrops spread on the white sand. Taste the saltiness of the water as you swim under the vigilant and trained eye of the crew, ready to intervene should anyone need any help.
Since nothing gets an appetite going like a swim in the sea, the crew gets to lunch preparation. As you climb back on board, the delicious smell of local cuisine will make your mouth water. Feast on grilled fish and chicken with various salads, as well as bananas flambéed in rum for dessert, depending on the season.
The boat is then steered towards the infamous Bénitiers Rock, which stands over the turquoise lagoon. As the boat anchors as close as possible, depending on the tide, be sure to snap a picture next to this mysterious outcrop that features endlessly on Mauritian postcards. The aqua water laps gently on the boat and the world is all blue and green as far as the eye can see, except for the Bénitiers Island, laden with coconut trees.
Hop onto a fisherman’s boat, which will ferry you to the island’s sandy beaches, where you can laze around in the sun or start exploration on foot. A few hawkers scattered around the beach, sell straw hats, jewellery made out of seashells, sarongs and other souvenirs. While the island may attract a crowd during peak season, you can hope to find an almost desert beach on a quiet day.
Of course, you can also choose to stay on the catamaran and jump off the deck into the best swimming pool in the world: the Indian ocean! Warm, crystal clear and calm; you might even catch yourself making plans to stay indefinitely…
In the late afternoon, the wind will pick up in the boat’s sails, gliding you back to shore while the sun starts its descent. Enjoy the last of the wonderful atmosphere with a final drink and an inside joke or two with the other passengers on board.
This cruise is as the coast’s reputation itself: laid back, sunny and wonderful.
What to bring:
- Swimsuits + change clothes
- Beach towel
- Sun cream
- Cap or hat
- Snorkelling Gear (also available onboard)
- Shoes will need to be removed once onboard the catamaran.
- Life vests are available on all our catamarans.
A little bit about us
Established since 1977 in Quatre-Bornes, Taxi Service Mauritius, is the first local taxi-hailing company in Mauritius depatching vehicles to pick-up guests around the island on a 24/7 basis. Catamaran Cruise to Ile Aux Benitiers Island is a popular tour & is one we know the most. We’ve also learn to excel in providing a friendly service to tourists visiting the island. Our online platform & Taxi App is dedicated to visitors coming from over the world & provide them with a reliable transport solution that is both easy to pre-book & pay. We’ve succeeded in building a very positive 5-Star reputation in the last years on our TripAdvisor & Trustpilot profiles thanks to our fantastic, friendly & dedicated staff. Unlike the competition, we believe that each & every transfer needs planning & briefing. Based on your special requests, we know who we have to send to you & we won’t just send a driver who was just roaming around your pick-up location. At Taxi Service Mauritius, trips are planned in advance to ensure a high-level of service & the driver details are sent to customers at least a day before the tour. That is also why we also urge customers to book at least a day in advance. To cut short, we are the ones that offer great tours at a reasonable price in Mauritius (usually 30-50% cheaper than hotels).
WE EXCEL IN:
- Airport Transfers Mauritius
- Minibus Airport Transfers
- Luxury Airport Transfers Mauritius
- Sightseeing Tours in Mauritius
- Activities & Tour Packages Mauritius
All Cruises in Mauritius that we provide:
- Catamaran Cruise to Ile Aux Benitiers (West Coast)
- Catamaran Cruise to Ile Aux Gabriel (North Coast)
- Catamaran Cruise to Ile Aux Cerfs (East Coast)
- Swim with Dolphins in Mauritius
- Ile Aux Cerfs Island Tour by Speedboat
Our contact details are as follows:
Taxi Service Mauritius
Phone: (+230) 59 55 03 05
Whatsapp: (+230) 57 15 74 74
Email: [email protected]mauritius.com
Looking forward to ride with you soon.
Submit your review
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pay for my tour?
(1) Existing clients can pay cash to the driver in MUR, EUR or USD or Pay-Online in EUR prior to the tour. The payment link can be found in your booking voucher (near the amount).
If I need a tour within the next 12 hours, can I book it online?
If you require a tour within the next 24 hours, we highly recommend you to speak to someone at Taxi Service Mauritius either by Phone/Email/Chat or WhatsApp. Do not book it online. Note that we cannot confirm bookings out of office hours.
Will I have to share the vehicle with others who are not in my party?
We only do private tours. When you reserve a vehicle via our company, no matter whether it is a 3 passenger car, 8 passenger minivan or 20 passenger minibus, the vehicle is exclusively yours for the whole journey.
Where will the driver meet me?
Your driver will wait for you at your hotel reception on-time. If you are staying in an apartment of villa, please provide a contact number so that the driver can give you a call when he reach your accommodation.
What if do not find the driver?
In rare cases, customers may take some minutes to locate their driver. Our customers receive their driver’s contact details by email one day before the tour. Customers call liaise with the driver directly or simply our office or hotline so that our personnel can assist you & liaise with the driver.
Are the vehicles fully licensed and insured?
All supplied vehicles are fully licensed by the local authorities and carry an up to date Public service transport license. Be careful of bogus airport transfer advertisers as there are a number openly operating in Mauritius without licenses and liability insurance.
Can i order a baby seat or booster seat?
You can order child seats and booster seats on the online booking form. The first child seat is free of charge. Any additional child seat requested will be charged at EUR10 per day. You can also bring your own baby/toddler seat if you would like to do so.
Terms & Conditions
- All bookings are subject to availability & should be booked at least 48 hours in advance.
- Children below 5 years old: Free of charge
- The first child seat ordered is Free of charge. An additional child seat is EUR 10 per seat. You can also bring your own.
- Transport not included in the price of EUR 62.
- Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity.
- Bad weather: Boats will not be allowed to venture at sea in case the local authorities issue a high waves warning. Choose to re-schedule the tour for another day or receive a full refund in case of such a warning.
- Bring your own snorkeling gear or use the shared on-board equipment.
- If you require veg meals, please mention it in the special request section of your booking.
All bookings are subject to availability & should be booked at least 48 hrs in advance.