Book a hiking trip at Tamarind Falls
- Hike distance and elevation: 5.5 km, 200m of elevation
- Availability of hike: Monday to Friday only
- To bring: Sports shoes, a k-way jacket in case of rain, sun cream, hat, at least 1L of water, swimming suit, towel, and mosquito repellent.
- Payment methods: Pay-online in advance with your credit card. Existing clients can arrange to pay cash in MUR, EUR or USD with the driver.
- Transport: Offered as supplement ~ view rates
- Pick-up time: Will be sent by email a day before
- Meeting point: Henrietta Bus Terminal
- Highly recommended: Swimwear, towel & sun-screen
- Free cancellation: up to 24-hours in advance
Also known as 7 cascades waterfalls
Enjoy a beautiful and adventurous hike in the heart of the island trek to the Tamarind waterfalls. Experience the serenity and beauty of nature whilst hiking the Tamarind Waterfalls.
This full-day Hike trip to Tamarind Falls is a popular and enriching hiking trip. It is moderate, fun and accessible to all. The Tamarind Falls reserve is one of the most scenic and tranquil places in Mauritius. It is perfect for nature lovers, where one can discover and observe many exotic plants and birds.
The magnificent location of Tamarind Falls offers a stunning view over the west coast and over Le Morne Mountain, a sight not to be missed. You will be walking within the lush green forest, sometimes in an open area on the basalt rock near the water. One should feel free to have a swim in the water or enjoy a natural massage standing under the waterfall. You will get to have a refreshing swim at the bottom of the seven waterfalls.
The whole excursion is a full day trip, giving you ample time to enjoy the view and relax. The panoramic view of the waterfalls will reward your efforts. The hike lasts between 3-4 hours.
- Tour-guide by professional Mountain Guides (EFR/WFA Certified)
- Extra water
- Secure Parking
The hike is accessible to anyone in good health. Not suitable for children under 10 yrs old.
All year long
The hike begins at 8:50AM on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
TRANSPORT TO TAMARIND FALLS HIKE:
We provide affordable transport services from any hotel/residence in Mauritius to the hike’s meeting point & back in the afternoon. Click here to see transport rates.
Our hiking partner has been the pioneers in the hiking and trekking tourism industry in Mauritius since January 2004. They have also introduced Trail-Running on the island, and created a league of many events that hosts today, between 400 to 2000 hikers and runners every month.
Before all, we are friends and passionate mountain lovers. Our will to bring people on discovery excursions in the wilderness of our beloved island is our ultimate mission, the reason for why we wake up every morning.
Hiking and Trekking in mountains and outdoors environment involves risks. Our guides are experienced and qualified to offer a professional and well framed service.
Our team are all professional and certified mountain guides, and Emergency First Responders. (EFR/WFA Certified)
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE (@ 47 € /person):
- Guided half-day Tour – 3 to 4 hours guided hike by professional Mountain Guides (EFR/WFA Certified)
- Refreshment served – Our guides will happily serve some refreshments during the hike. (Currently suspended due to health restrictions until further notice)
- Secure Parking – Leave your car on secure parking or choose to go with us (Transport offered as a supplement)
You may also like:
Hiking at Tamarind Falls PACKAGE
HIKING PRICE PER PARTICIPANT (excluding transport):
- EUR 47 per participant (MUR 2100)
* This hike is not suitable for children under 10 years old.
Important if you’re going on your own:
- Google Map directions to the meeting point can be found here.
- Please reach the meeting point at least 15minutes before.
- Please don’t drink & drive!
Optional: Transport Service
We provide professional & reliable chauffeur services from any location in Mauritius to Henrietta Bus Terminal (Meeting Point) & back in the afternoon.
Please note: transport prices below are per group, not per person.
STANDARD CAR (1-4 pax)
EUR 78 (MUR 3500) for a group of 1-4 pax
Models we use: HYUNDAI Elantra & Creta / TOYOTA Fielder, Axio & Corolla / NISSAN Sentra / KIA Cerato / MITSUBISHI Lancer EX & similar models.
FAMILY MINIVAN (5-7 pax)
EUR 102 (MUR 4600) for a group of 5-7 pax
Models we use: HYUNDAI H1 Standard & similar models.
STANDARD MINIVAN (8-10 pax)
EUR 118 (MUR 5200) for a group of 8-10 pax
Models we use: NISSAN Urvan / TOYOTA Hiace Standard & similar models.
EXECUTIVE MINIVAN (11-14 pax)
EUR 133 (MUR 6000) for a group of 11-14 pax
Models we use: TOYOTA Hiace / NISSAN Urvan Executive & similar models.
COASTER/LARGE BUSES (15-22 pax)
EUR 167 (MUR 7500) for a group of 15-22 pax
Models we use: TOYOTA & NISSAN 25-30 seater buses & similar models.
Submit your review
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pay for my tour?
(1) Existing clients can pay cash to the driver in MUR, EUR or USD or Pay-Online in EUR prior to the tour. The payment link can be found in your booking voucher (near the amount).
If I need a tour within the next 12 hours, can I book it online?
If you require a tour within the next 24 hours, we highly recommend you to speak to someone at Taxi Service Mauritius either by Phone/Email/Chat or WhatsApp. Do not book it online. Note that we cannot confirm bookings out of office hours.
Will I have to share the vehicle with others who are not in my party?
We only do private tours. When you reserve a vehicle via our company, no matter whether it is a 3 passenger car, 8 passenger minivan or 20 passenger minibus, the vehicle is exclusively yours for the whole journey.
Where will the driver meet me?
Your driver will wait for you at your hotel reception on-time. If you are staying in an apartment of villa, please provide a contact number so that the driver can give you a call when he reach your accommodation.
What if do not find the driver?
In rare cases, customers may take some minutes to locate their driver. Our customers receive their driver’s contact details by email one day before the tour. Customers call liaise with the driver directly or simply our office or hotline so that our personnel can assist you & liaise with the driver.
Are the vehicles fully licensed and insured?
All supplied vehicles are fully licensed by the local authorities and carry an up to date Public service transport license. Be careful of bogus airport transfer advertisers as there are a number openly operating in Mauritius without licenses and liability insurance.
Can i order a baby seat or booster seat?
You can order child seats and booster seats on the online booking form. The first child seat is free of charge. Any additional child seat requested will be charged at EUR10 per day. You can also bring your own baby/toddler seat if you would like to do so.
Terms & Conditions
- All bookings are subject to availability & should be booked at least 24 hours in advance.
- This tour is not suitable for children below 10 years old.
- Transport not included in the price of EUR 47.
- Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity.
- Bad weather: Hikes will not be allowed to operate in case the local authorities issue a bad weather warning such as torrential rainfalls. Choose to re-schedule the tour for another day or receive a full refund in case of such warnings.
- COVID19 may affect availability & the serving of refreshments for this tour.
No Hidden Fees
All bookings are subject to availability & should be booked at least 24 hrs in advance.
Carefully hand-picked tour packages
Use the filters to refine your search