Book a Private South-East Tour in Mauritius
Discover the beautiful south-east of Mauritius, and visit several of the main sights and places of interest in this popular south-east sightseeing tour. Pick-up & drop-off available from all locations in Mauritius. This is a very popular tour. Please make advance reservations during the busiest times.
- Tour duration: 8 hours (Day tour)
- Language: This tour is offered in English & French
- Child seat: On request / 1st seat ordered is FREE
- Pick-up time: Choose to start any time between 8.30 am to 10.00 am
- Payment methods: Cash payment to the driver in MUR, EUR or USD or Pay-online
- Vehicle options: Large Cars, Minibuses (3 sizes), Coaster-Buses, VIP Cars & SUVs
- Bad weather: Re-schedule or obtain a full refund in case you paid online in advance
Itinerary: Mauritius South-East Tour (8hrs)
Places your driver will make you visit in this private South-East Tour are:
- Pick up from any hotel/residence in the morning
- Visit Trou aux Cerfs Volcanic Crater
- Stop at Grand Bassin (also named as Ganga Talao)
- Visit Bois Cheri Tea Factory & Museum
- Visit La Vallee des Couleurs Nature Park
- Gris-Gris Viewpoint
- La Vanille Crocodile Park
- Drop-off at your hotel/residence
CHOOSE YOUR COMFORT
What is the rate for a private sightseeing South-East Tour in Mauritius:
STANDARD CAR (1-4 pax)
EUR 78 (MUR 3500) for a group of 1-4 pax
Models we use: HYUNDAI Elantra & Creta / TOYOTA Fielder, Axio & Corolla / NISSAN Sentra / KIA Cerato / MITSUBISHI Lancer EX & similar models.
FAMILY MINIVAN (5-7 pax)
EUR 102 (MUR 4600) for a group of 5-7 pax
Models we use: HYUNDAI H1 Standard & similar models.
STANDARD MINIVAN (8-10 pax)
EUR 118 (MUR 5200) for a group of 8-10 pax
Models we use: NISSAN Urvan / TOYOTA Hiace Standard & similar models.
EXECUTIVE MINIVAN (11-14 pax)
EUR 133 (MUR 6000) for a group of 11-14 pax
Models we use: TOYOTA Hiace / NISSAN Urvan Executive & similar models.
COASTER/LARGE BUSES (15-22 pax)
EUR 167 (MUR 7500) for a group of 15-22 pax
Models we use: TOYOTA & NISSAN 25-30 seater buses & similar models.
Places you will visit:
A private full day tour in the South-East of Mauritius where you will explore the serenity of the South East of Mauritius an area known for its beautiful lagoons, virgin beaches, and green scenery. This is a Private Tour, only for you to go in a private vehicle (including pick up and drop off from anywhere in Mauritius)!
After you are picked up from your accommodation, you will head to Trou Aux Cerfs Volcanic crater in Curepipe, Mauritius famous crater. From Floreal heading to Curepipe, you will stop on the way to visit the Trou aux Cerfs. This huge natural volcanic crater, 85m deep and 200m wide, was formed millions of years ago. Here you will have a beautiful panoramic view of the crater and the town of Curepipe, and when the sky is clear it is possible to see all the way to Reunion Island.
We will then take you to Grand Bassin where you will also get to see the statue of Lord Shiva. The statue is of 108 feet (33 meters) and is the highest known statue in Mauritius (and one of the 50 highest statues in the world). The sight of the Mangal Mahadev statue is quite impressive as it is a beautiful crafted very big statue.
Your next stop will be at Bois Cheri Tea Factory: awaken your five senses as you discover the making of teas, rum, vanilla, essential oils – and as you stroll down the exotic gardens of the Bois Cheri tea plantation. A guide will walk you around during your visit and will guide you on the history, stories and tales of all the sites. It is a trip that will take you back in time to the first days of Mauritius with its rich colonial history and you will get a chance to learn on the importance of tea productions in Mauritius.
Your driver will then take you to the famous Vallee des Couleurs (7 Coloured Valley Nature Reserve). The range of natural landscapes, with its plateaus, plains, mountains, valleys, waterfalls, pools and ponds, unfolding inside this green amphitheatre. The fascinating attractions of the Nature Park, spreads over some 450 acres of land and revolves around the indigenous fauna and flora that abound in the park.
We will then head to Gris-Gris, found at the Southern tip of Mauritius. The appeal of Gris Gris lies in it scenery, the high cliffs here drop abruptly to the sea and the bracing winds of the Indian Ocean blow all year round. Gris-Gris is well known for its sea cliff and this is definitely a sight worth seeing. This part of the island is not surrounded by coral reefs and this is why thick waves crash directly on the cliffs. At the southern end of Gris-Gris you will have a great viewpoint on the cliffs and will see the squashing of waves against the flanks of the cliffs.
Finally, we will visit the La Vanille Crocodile Park. The park is home to various species of animals, reptiles and plants. The park is set in a beautiful rain forested valley with natural freshwater springs, full of prawns and fish. As part of your visit to the Crocodile & Giant Tortoises Park, the park’s guides will guide you through some unforgettable walks, and you will stroll through luxuriant greenery where banana trees, palm trees and giant bamboos provide shade for the crocodiles and the giant tortoises. During your stay in the crocodile park you can also experience a firsthand unique encounter with the giant tortoises and turtles, and get a rare chance to feed, pet and play with them.
A little bit about us
Established since 1977 in Quatre-Bornes, Taxi Service Mauritius, is the first local taxi-hailing company in Mauritius depatching vehicles to pick-up guests around the island on a 24/7 basis. The South-East Tour of Mauritius is a popular tour & is one we know the most. We’ve also learn to excel in providing a friendly service to tourists visiting the island. Our online platform & Taxi App is dedicated to visitors coming from over the world & provide them with a reliable transport solution that is both easy to pre-book & pay. We’ve succeeded in building a very positive 5-Star reputation in the last years on our TripAdvisor & Trustpilot profiles thanks to our fantastic, friendly & dedicated staff. Unlike the competition, we believe that each & every transfer needs planning & briefing. Based on your special requests, we know who we have to send to you & we won’t just send a driver who was just roaming around your pick-up location. At Taxi Service Mauritius, trips are planned in advance to ensure a high-level of service & the driver details are sent to customers at least a day before the tour. That is also why we also urge customers to book at least a day in advance. To cut short, we are the ones that offer great tours at a reasonable price in Mauritius (usually 30-50% cheaper than the individual hotel taxis).
WE EXCEL IN:
- Airport Transfers Mauritius
- Minibus Airport Transfers
- Luxury Airport Transfers Mauritius
- Sightseeing Tours in Mauritius
- Activities & Tour Packages Mauritius
Sightseeing tours in Mauritius that we provide:
Our contact details are as follows:
Taxi Service Mauritius
Phone: (+230) 59 55 03 05
Whatsapp: (+230) 57 15 74 74
Email: [email protected]
Looking forward to ride with you soon.
Mauritius South-East Tour
Submit your review
Wonderful day with friendly driver. 5 stars without hesitation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are the prices per vehicle or per person?
Transportation prices shown on our website are always per vehicle (not per person). The price you see is the price you pay to your driver after the tour is completed. No hidden fees. Your driver will be aware of the pre-arranged price.
How do I pay for my tour?
(1) Cash payment can be made to the driver in MUR, EUR or USD or (2) Pay-Online in EUR prior to the tour. The payment link can be found in your booking voucher (near the tour amount).
If I need a tour within the next 12 hours, can I book it online?
If you require a tour within the next 12 hours, we highly recommend you to speak to someone at Taxi Service Mauritius either by Phone/Email/Chat or WhatsApp. Do not book it online. Note that we cannot confirm bookings out of office hours.
Will I have to share the vehicle with others who are not in my party?
We only do private tours. When you reserve a vehicle via our company, no matter whether it is a 3 passenger car, 8 passenger minivan or 20 passenger minibus, the vehicle is exclusively yours for the whole journey.
Where will the driver meet me?
Your driver will wait for you at your hotel reception on-time. If you are staying in an apartment of villa, please provide a contact number so that the driver can give you a call when he reach your accommodation.
What if do not find the driver?
In rare cases, customers may take some minutes to locate their driver. Our customers receive their driver’s contact details by email one day before the tour. Customers call liaise with the driver directly or simply our office or hotline so that our personnel can assist you & liaise with the driver.
Are the vehicles fully licensed and insured?
All supplied vehicles are fully licensed by the local authorities and carry an up to date Public service transport license. Be careful of bogus airport transfer advertisers as there are a number openly operating in Mauritius without licenses and liability insurance.
Can i order a baby seat or booster seat?
You can order child seats and booster seats on the online booking form. The first child seat is free of charge. Any additional child seat requested will be charged at EUR10 per day. You can also bring your own baby/toddler seat if you would like to do so.
This private South-East Tour of Mauritius includes:
- Pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation anywhere in Mauritius.
- Full-day transportation to all the sights mentioned above.
- A friendly english/french speaking driver to show you around and inform you on each of the sights.
This private South-East Tour of Mauritius does not include:
- Entry Tickets fees to places such as the tea factory & the nature parks, approximately MUR1,000 in total per adult. Contact us for additional information.
- Lunch not included in the package – Your driver/guide will suggest a restaurant based on your taste, or feel free to request a stop at any restaurant of your choice along the way! Either way, you will have the final word, of course.
Terms & Conditions
- Free cancellations (obtain full refund) if you cancel the tour at least 24 hrs before.
- Payment methods: (1) Cash payment can be made to the driver in MUR, EUR or USD or (2) Pay-Online in EUR prior to the tour. The payment link will be found in your booking confirmation voucher which you will receive by email.
- Child/Toddler Seats: First child seat ordered is Free of charge & is upon request. Any additional child seat ordered is charged at EUR 10 per seat.
- If you require a drop-off at the airport after the sightseeing tour, please contact us